flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

July 01, 2008

Better Living Through Chemistry

So, I put my whiteboard from my old job in the boys' room (see pics below). Of course, as anyone who has used a whiteboard knows, the erasers only work so well. If you really want it white, you have to use that whiteboard cleaner stuff.

NOT.

I went to staples to see the primary ingredients. Isopropyl alcohol, some t-butanol, I think. Well, rubbing alcohol works just dandy. So does non-acetone nail polish remover. But rubbing alcohol is cheaper.

(And, as far as the boards themselves go, you can buy this wall covering at any home despot and cut it into whatever size you want: just buy melamine or white tileboard. It IS whiteboard. Only it costs like $15 for a 4x8 sheet. That's a teacher trick, btw.)

(*)>

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home