flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

June 04, 2008

T Minus 12 Days

I have one more week til grades must be posted. But I have students for 2 more weeks. Go friggin figure.

I teach science, but they wouldn't let me have a science room. Today, one of the students was presenting her end of year project. She was showing how oxygen is necessary for fire. She showed a system that removed oxygen, and it put out fire. She showed a system that created oxygen, and it took the dullest ember to a wickedflame. The kids loved it. It was a great demo/project. And then the principal came. And then the first school policeman came. Then a second and a third.

We had smoke and fire, you see. Not much, but enough to smell it.

Try teaching science without any cool labs or demos. Just try it. It sucks balls. It's boring. The bio classes can't even have scalpels for their dissections. All because of one or two bad apples in a pretty good bunch. Sheesh.

~~~~~

Family is good. I've been chillin like Dylan most of the time. This weekend I rented P.S. I Love You and daggone I haven't had such a good cry in a while. What a tear jerker. And the most devastatingly romantic scenes. Really, really good. Lisa Marie, if you're reading this... GO RENT THAT FILM. Then we'll go to Ireland together. Shhh. Don't tell John. (what, John reads this? Damn.) And speaking of films, the new M. Night Shamaladingdong movie comes out next week. Whoot!!

~~~~~

OK I'm going to go grade my papers. Have a nice day. And pass it on.

(*)>

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home