flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

March 15, 2008

A Night Out

So my friend Lizzy came and rescued me from my perpetual state of craziness for a few hours last night. I went to the movies for the first time since last summer! We saw Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day, which neither of us had heard of before. It was very fun, mostly innocent, fantastic soundtrack, and generally a good escape.

The last time I went out, I saw Becoming Jane... So I guess movies must be tied to Jane Austen for me. Though Miss P starred Frances McDormand (in a very Emma Thompson role) and Amy Adams, there were several Austen connections. Both Mr. Knightley and Captain Wentworth showed up. I'm getting used to seeing Mark Strong as a bad guy after Stardust, but Ciaran Hinds has never been a romantic lead to me, even as Mr. Rochester. In this role, he totally pulls it off!

Finally, there was this one really annoying character. Every time she opened her mouth, it was like fingernails on a chalkboard. My Lizzy is an opera singer, so she was especially offended. But I was certain I had seen/heard her before. And I had. Moaning Myrtle.

Very fun night. Thanks Lizzy!

(*)>

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home