flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

May 21, 2008

Manners

Today I was teaching about erosion. I had two baby food jars with a piece of hard candy and some water in them. In each class, I showed how both had weathered, but the one that had been shaken had dissolved much more.

It didn't fail - in each class I had at least 1 student ask for some candy. I knew this would happen. The deal I made with myself was that I would give a piece to any student who said please without being prompted.

I only gave away one piece of candy today.

I did, however, call one of my students a megabeyotch. She totally is one, btw, but I didn't mean to say it out loud. She thought that was funny and was actually better the rest of the class than she has been all semester.

Go figure.

(*)>

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home