flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

March 19, 2008

Kid Games

So, I was playing with Mothman today. He has the coolest hands with long, fine fingers. I picked up his hand and pulled on each finger in turn, coming out of the dregs of my memory was... "Tom Thumberland, John Gogland, Long Jericho, Edica Williams, and Piccowolicky..." (the p word is repeated a few times and the belly of the kid is tickled.) Did anyone else ever do something like that? I searched the net and didn't see anything close.

How about Trot Trot? "Trot trot to Boston to buy a loaf of bread. Trot trot home again, the old horsie's dead." (we bounce the kid on our knee, then when the horsie "dies" we drop him to the floor). There's a trot trot to boston thing out there, but it doesn't go the same way. Well, we were a morbid bunch up in Lemon, weren't we?!

For my brothers and sisters, did I miss any others? I already taught Stinky (mostly to the tune of Old Gray Mare) "great big gobs of greasy grimy gopher guts, mutilated monkey's meat, little dirty birdy feet, bloody eyeballs rolling down the dusty street, that's what I had for lunch... and me without my spoon".

For the rest of you, what were your kid games?

(*)>

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home