flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

December 14, 2008

General Updates

Tis the season... for kids to be rowdy. Stinky and the Moth are burning off enough energy to light NYC for a day whirling around the house like dervishes. The kids at school are about the same.

How do you teachers do this year after year? It's enough to make me dislike holidays!

We have had a knifing in the bathroom this week and a bomb threat. (That's new for us - more a suburb thing.) More to the point though is that I have about 60% attendance at any one time. I'm not sure what to do with it! But I just teach the same lesson twice. Most kids who are there both times just work ahead; the rest don't pay attention either time.

I tell you - the sentence for egotism should be teaching high school. They'll straighten you out fast as to your importance in the world!!

John has started the steps to go back to school. He's terrified that his job will be gone in less than 5 years. He's probably right. But he'll be fine. He's smart and he works hard. I wish he'd have a little more confidence in himself. He's had mr. doom cloud over his head for months, but now that he's moving forward down a path, he's back to being the John I know. That's probably the best Christmas gift I could ask for!

The tree is up, the lights are up, and we went for a two-horse open wagon ride through a luminary-lit neighborhood last night. Life is good. Hope the same for anyone who wanders this way.

(*)>

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home