flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

September 09, 2007

John's Latest Obsession

Every once in a while, John goes through what I used to call "food of the month" - some food/beverage that he obsesses about and makes quite often. Right now, we're going through our redneck phase and eating quite a bit of something called "beer can chicken". For those who don't know what this is, it's quite yummy, juicy chicken that is done on a BBQ grill. But there's something else that makes it stand out for me:




You got it. That's a coke can shoved up this bird's keister. Of course, with that potato sticking out where the neck should be, it's quite close to a halloween bird: the terrifying Headless Chickenman. But she's missing a key feature to that classic: (wait for it) she doesn't have a capeon.




Thanks Folks! Drive Safe! I'll be here til Thursday!



~~~~~


In Hag news, I've gone back to school and am now completely a bundle of nerves. Long, drawn out change STINKS. Perhaps I shouldn't have gone to school again... this movie, sent to me by my husband, certainly underscores that:






It makes me want to change from flightless hag to venemous harridan. More ring to it you know.


I made it to the movies last week to see Stardust. I LOVED it. There is a De Niro scene which is particularly... disturbing. But I think this is going to be a classic along the lines of The Princess Bride. I'll buy it on DVD when it comes out, for sure.




(*)>


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home