flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

August 26, 2009

Dragon's Hollow Wine

I have been re-connecting with many old friends and acquaintances via Facebook this summer. A few weeks ago, I met up with some old work friends at a restaurant out in Devon.

The food was quite good - French-Thai - and the owner was kind enough to let us chat the entire night away at one of his tables. The owner looks an awful lot like Jackie Chan, so I suppose I was bound to like him, anyhow.

So, when we're picking the restaurant, Chris suggested this one because he goes there a lot. He told me the cuisine and told me it was BYOB.

What kind of wine do you take to an Asian French fusion restaurant? I came across the perfect bottle at my local state store:



We didn't end up drinking this treasure at dinner, so I brought it home. Stinky, who was born in the year of the dragon (hence, his fort is called the Dragon's Lair) immediately claimed this coin as his booty:




As for whether the Chinese have made a good Chardonnay? I couldn't tell you. Haven't uncorked it yet. But I imagine it's probably full of all sorts of carcinogens and other nasty chemicals, which I am certain will make it all the yummier!

Cheers!

(*)>

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home