flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

August 01, 2009

Books On Tape

So, as I did last summer, I've continued my little affair with books in electronic form. I do like the playaways, which have the book in a portable MP3 player. But now that I have a new computer, I can fit a few books on cd burned to my drive while I am listening.

My problem, peeve with these things: they almost NEVER have the titles of the tracks match from CD to CD. Do you know how much of a pain it is to put together the playlist for a book that is 200 tracks long, with no real common way of naming the tracks? I almost always end up renaming all the tracks before I burn them. Pain in the butt.

It is August already. I cannot believe how the time is flying. The boys and I are all berry-brown. The pediatrician would have a fit - I haven't used sunscreen on them at all. We just play outside a lot and go to the pool a lot and well, that's life.

Now, I'm going to go listen to the end of Johnstown Flood, the latest in my list of books on playaway. Cheers!

(*)>

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home