flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

August 12, 2009

The Art of the Mix Tape

You know, there are so many movies and tv shows that make fun of us nerds who make mix cd's - nick and nora's infinite playlist is the most recent. But I know it's a casual throwaway to point out that a boy/girl is a stalker-dweeb. It's so wrong.

Mix tapes are awesome and show a real attention to detail that most people just don't get.

I make mix tapes for my favorite beaus - my boys. I make one every summer, which is a blend of summer songs and kids songs they like at the time.

This year, I made an additional one for each of them. There's the camping cd for sean, which has camping songs, mosquito songs, fishing songs, and country/cowboy songs.
Campfire Song Song - Spongebob Squarepants (last year's kid hit!)
Mosquito - Artichoke (if you haven't heard this, it's really cool)
I'm Going Fishing - Bert Susanka
Camping Trip - Tracey Singer (modern hello muddah, I think.)
Mosquito - Brian Kinder
Going Bass Fishing - Anna Moo
Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah - Allan Sherman
It's My Lazy Day - Bob Wills & His Texas Playboys (mom? I can hear you sing this)
Black Water - The Doobie Brothers (this reminds me of friends from college)
Mother Nature's Son - The Beatles (every mix I make has the beatles on it. It's a rule.)
The Battle of New Orleans - Johnny Horton (and here we start with sean's cammo fixation)
The Ballad of Davy Crockett - Fess Parker
Daniel Boone - Alleyoop
(Ghost) Riders In The Sky - Johnny Cash (why? well, I ran out of ideas!)
Don't Fence Me In - Gene Autry
Mountain Music - Alabama
Summer Breeze - Seals & Crofts (again, I ran out of ideas! but you do camp in summer?)

Mothy's cd is a cruising cd - all songs about cars/trucks.
Drive My Car - The Beatles
Drivin' My Life Away - Eddie Rabbitt
18 Wheels On a Big Rig - Trout Fishing in America
On the Road Again - Willie Nelson (for Donna)
Hot Rod Lincoln - Commander Cody & His Lost Planet … (for Johnny)
Convoy - C.W. McCall (for my Dad)
Get In The Car - Moxy Früvous (totally for me!)
Fun, Fun, Fun 2:16 Endless Summer The Beach Boys
Ramblin' Man - The Allman Brothers Band
Let It Ride - Bachman-Turner Overdrive
Blinded By the Light - Manfred Mann's Earth Band
The Distance - Cake
Cruisin' - Smokey Robinson
Midnight Rider - The Allman Brothers Band
Truckin' - The Greatful Dead (for daddy)
Route 66 - Manhattan Transfer (I really don't know why I kept this one. Tim likes vocal songs)
Crash - The Primitives
Take It Easy - The Eagles

This was def. the easier to make, though I had to kick a lot of songs out. Stinky's was much harder. I simply couldn't come up with a complete playlist. What did I miss?

(*)>

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home