flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

January 19, 2008

Most Puzzling!

With the new job being as crazy as it is, there are some nice fringe benefits. Though I am away from home 6:30 - 7:30 M-F, the weekends are (until sunday afternoon homework) MINE. I can't be called in the middle of the night or bothered in the afternoon. So, I've been taking advantage. On Saturdays, we've been doing Jigsaw puzzles like this one from Ambo (at least that's who Mom thinks gave her this nutty puzzle.)




Also, I have been reading books Books BOOKS!! on the train (I'm on the train for about 2.5 hours a day right now). My amazon review list is going through the roof. This week, my non-fiction pick was Thunderstruck by Erik Larson. This is the dual story of the invention of the wireless radio and an icky murder in London (and the neat connection between the two). If you like science, you'll probably like this book, though I found Devil in White City and Isaac's Storm better. Anyhow, I bring this up because I never knew Marconi's first name before. It's Guglielmo. GUGLIELMO. Is that pronounced "googly elmo?" Did his parents hate him from birth? Jeez, Louise.



The whole puzzle thing has caught on in the house. Stinky, who likes to build things and admire them (it's an Aunt Mary trait) has taken to doing this on my living room floor:






At least they're easy to clean up!

(*)>

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home