flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

December 19, 2007

Who Made You Judge?

I was up in dear old Tunkhannock yesterday – took my mom Christmas shopping and such. It’s really pretty up there, especially at Christmas. But it’s COLD. I shiver just thinking about it. Anyhow, I was reading her paper this morning (the Wilkes Barre Times Leader) and saw this story on the front page.

In case they take it down, I’ll sum it up. There is a woman who sued a doctor, but not for malpractice.


It seems she sued a local business up there for negligence when she tripped on their steps. She won a million in that lawsuit. (I wouldn’t be surprised if that was a contributing factor in putting the wonderful Beaumont Inn out of business. And that is a true loss.).

Her doctor disclosed some of her health information to the owners of the Inn during the trial. She sued him for that.

She lost. The jury awarded her nothing.

THE JUDGE OVERTURNED THE RULING IN THE CASE.

It’s like he was saying: “You stupid jury. You don’t know what you’re doing. I’m so much smarter than the twelve of you put together.”

The higher court overturned his overturning (is this egg over-easy yet?), striking a point for the side of the jury system.

This judge ought to be fired.

And I hope the woman has a really nice life. And that someone sues her and takes her for everything she has.

(*)>

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home