flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

December 13, 2007

Don't Drink the Water

As I leave Spaceley's tommorow, I'm heading back to the city I love to teach a subject I love (mostly): Chemistry. So here's a little chemistry.

Back in the day, when I was a chemistry student / teacher's assistant, I remember studying the colligative properties. Boiling Point elevation, freezing point lowering, osmotic pressure change, and vapor pressure lowering.

I always remember that we taught that in the beginning of the spring semester. It was a particularly good time of year for examples. You see, the more junk that goes into water, the lower its freezing point is.

Philadelpha puddles don't freeze.

It doesn't matter how cold it gets, the daggone things don't freeze.

I guess that's why folks in these parts don't call it wah'-ter, they call it wuh'-dder. It's not water.

Did I say I love this city? Truly, I do. Despite its dirty wudder.

(*)>

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home