flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

June 23, 2006

Aloha Breeze

It’s been a sauna in Philly the last week. (Yeah, summer’s here!) Our air conditioner is over 10 years old (it wasn’t new when we moved in), and it has a bit of a challenge (business speak) keeping our house cool. So we help it along with fans.

Our box fan died a bitter death Tuesday night. So, I asked John to stop by Wal-Mart and pick us up a new one.

He picked up the Aloha Breeze.

All I can say about this fan is, on its lowest setting, we felt like we were getting ready to bomb Canterbury or something. Maybe drop behind enemy lines. At random intervals in the night, one of us would say “Geronimo!” or “Banzai!” and then giggle.

I purchased our trusty Patton fan at Wal-Mart probably 8 years ago. It’s a fantastic, heavy duty, quiet fan. About 2 years later, I tried to get some of them for my mom. I did get her ones that looked like the one I have, and were reasonably good, but were obviously of a cheaper make. The Patton that QUICKLY replaced the Aloha Breeze is snazzily colored, but is not the quality of our good Patton, or even the ones I got for Mom. I am thoroughly disgusted.

But at least I won’t feel like I’m joining the mile-high club any time soon.

(*)>

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home