flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

May 11, 2006

Bad Mommy part 26

Stinky’s reached a new phase. Last night, he got mad because I told him he had to do something which didn’t make sense to him and made him do it. (I’m at the point where, even if his arguments make some sense, I’m pushing him to obey me, and do it quickly. Because I’m scared a time will come when I need him to jump when I say to, and his hesitation might hurt him…) He was doing what I asked and crying, saying I was a bad man, I needed to go to jail, and that he was going to call the police.

All is well from his side this morning, but I’m carrying a bit of a grudge. That’s a pretty hefty threat, and in the day of the nanny government, it’s not an empty threat. Regular parental discipline gets you in the news and at the very least in court.

This parent stuff SUCKS. I don’t want to be a total mega beyotch all the time. But I have to be. I’m not his friend. I’m not his Hallmark Mommy, making cookies and mopping tears. More and more, I’m the only thing between him and the awful world, and I’ve got to teach him lessons he doesn’t want to learn. And his resentment and anger don’t make me like my job any more.

(*)>

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home