flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

May 11, 2006

How’s Tricks?

So, the Cogswell takeover is just about done. We’re working through the weekend to put our new name and logo on all of our client-facing applications. It has been, in short, a nightmare the last few months. More work and fewer people (through both layoffs and walkouts).

BUT for me it has been better, because I got demoted. I went to my boss in February and gave him two choices: cut my position in half, or let me know how many weeks notice he needed. I give the guy props. I could have gone to the top of the layoffs list, but instead, he did what I asked. Of course, I’m still carrying a lot of the old stuff – people still come to me. But as long as the angry folks can go to the new guy, I’m quite happy. I can’t take being yelled at. I’m a total pussy about that.

So, I now actually have time at home. I’ve been recuperating from the stress of the last year, enjoying my job and my life, and funnily enough, not taking the time to blog about it. (Well, I’ve written some of the entries but never posted.) I’m going to take the time today. Whenever today ends up being.

(*)>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home