flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

January 05, 2012

Overheard at the Dusty Aviary Dinner Table...

(double post... also on Facebook... but this one is too good to forget)

Mothman: "Sean, do you like the 69ers?"
Mom: "The WHO WHAT NOW??"
Mothman: "The 69ers! They're a sports team!"
Stinky: "Do you mean the 76ers? Or the 49ers?"
Mothman: "Yeah! The 49ers! Mom? Why are you laughing?? Mom?"



So the cold has made its way to the dusty aviary. It is stupid cold. I have found out that leather doesn't quite cut the train-platform winter wind. So, I'm gonna be a good capitalist and buy a new coat. Got to get rid of some of my old ones, anyhow - size too huge for me to ever wear again. I'm fat again, but still 40 less than I was when I wore those coats. So, Out with them!!

New Scientist continues to entertain... in "yeah, that's logical. Hey, people get paid to study that?" news, it seems that going to a SNAKE CHARMER instead of a DOCTOR when you get bitten by a poisonous snake is likely to lead to death.

Go figure.

I wonder if there was an NSF grant to figure that one out. Sheesh.

Elsewhere, it seems someone has done some long term studies that show that athletes who take part in marathons, triathlons, and alpine cycling risk damaging the right ventricle of their heart, which pumps blood to the lungs. Five of 40 such athletes studied developed permanent scarring of the chamber. Sorry if either of those are subscriber only.

This of course is good news to me. I only need the smallest of excuses to cut running down!!

Well, I have to go finish up a powerpoint. Later, gators!

(*)>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home