flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

October 27, 2011

Not Looking Forward to Needing More Help Looking Forward…



So, I’m in my 40’s now. I hear this is when you need to get reading glasses. Problem? I already have coke-bottles because I can’t see crap far away.

I am NOT looking forward to bifocals.

But now there’s this new app coming for my pretty iPhone. It’s called GlassesOff, and according to New Scientist, it actually works. Psyched!

Then again, that same edition of NS told me that globalwarming really can lead to more earthquakes, volcanoes, and tsunamis.   Their reasoning is sound- if the ice caps melt, mountains under them will have less weight on them, and seas will have more weight. This change in mass distribution will put more stress on the faults, causing more stress = more quakes etc. Though I’ve no concept of the scale. It’s like trying to imagine the number of atoms in a pound of chocolate.

Mmm. Chocolate.

Anyway, because NS makes endless fun of anthropomorphic climate change skeptics, I tend to discount their GW articles. If your only defense against your opponent is to call him a moron, your arguments are not sound.

~~~~~

Halloween is just around the corner. Stinky and the moth are pushing for gorier costumes every year, and longer routes for candying.

Stinky has chosen to be a gladiator. I’ve been trying to get him to do the whole Russel Crowe thing,  but he’s more into the 300 version of things  (no, he’s not seen either flick. But who on earth has missed the This Is Sparta thing?) Of course, I’ve pointed out his costume is Roman, but he’s in the Percy Jackson phase – only Greek will do.

The Moth, on the other wing, has picked a Grim Reaper costume  . But instead of resembling Mr. Grim (here about the reaping),   it more likens to Orco, from He Man.

When I pointed this out, Mr. Mothy was not amused.

I should be grading papers right now, but my septa driver made me totally sick today. I’ve got the windows in my room open (it’s 58 degrees out), I’m sipping diet pepsi, (at 7:30am), and every time I try to read, my eyes cross.

Or maybe it’s the papers. Jeezum Crowe. How hard is it to calculate ionic charge? Simple Math Folks. Sheesh. They overthink everything here. Such a nice change!!!


Well, back to trying to grade. Sheesh.

(*)>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home