flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

November 24, 2011

Snippets Heard On the Path More Taken

I honestly thought I'd miss being home for Thanksgiving. But it's a beautiful day, and I just took a really long walk through autumn sunshine, listening to George Winston and the like. Gorgeous.

I wasn't alone on my walk. There were dozens of folks out, enjoying a pre or post turkey stroll.

Here are some of the snippets of conversation I eavesdropped in on. Can you guess which were from groups of women, and which were from groups of men?

"Oh, god, if they're not having any wine, I'll just DIE. I hope they have good magazines."

"That was a great game. Did you see the tackle?"

"You're not being mean. You're being honest. You can't move forward in life unless you have honesty."

"Son, if we walk more, we have room to eat more."

"You'll see the return when the market goes up."

Genders really are different! And who's not giving thanks for that?

Happy turkey day!

(*)>

2 Comments:

Blogger cube said...

Sexuality isn't THAT predictable. I think herd mentality is more responsible for human behavior than is credited. TV and magazines tell us what some people accept as real life and it isn't.

I am a woman and I hate to shop. I would much rather watch a Bucs football game (yes, even as bad as they've played this season. I'm a fan, damn it!) I'm also good at math and science. Sex (or gender, to be politically correct) is irrelevant.

December 06, 2011 3:41 PM  
Blogger birdwoman said...

I love to shop now that I can actually spend money. But I still don't like crowds. And I don't think you could find a less "feminine" woman than I am. I swear, I make Ellen look like that legally blonde chick. :) God bless diversity!

(*)>

December 07, 2011 7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home