flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

August 14, 2008

Recycling at its best

OK, long story short here: the dusty aviary finds a bag of food bank food in our home once in a while. It's a gift from an elderly lady, and we're not going to insult her by refusing it. Most of the time, it goes right back to another food bank. But I usually go through it, first.

Today, I found that I'm not the only one putting stuff back in the food bank. This particular package has been making the rounds
since 1998, at the latest...



You can't see how yellowed the cardboard is - with little brown splotches - my flash faded those, but the markings themselves look to be from an earlier era. Not to mention the supermarket ticket!



Meanwhile, the nest was visited by a double rainbow the other evening. Hopefully, you can see it in my crappy picture.


(*)>

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home