flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

August 24, 2008

Freedom in the City

We were all walking downtown on Friday - John had a day off and we just decided to do a little touristy thing and share a cheesesteak. So, John's holding Stinky's hand, I'm holding on to the Moth. Not for their protection, mind you, but for the unsuspecting folks around our crazy family.

These two gents walked in front of me and Tim. They were handsome, well presented men - mid 40's or older, I'd say. Anyway, it seemed to me, from the way they walked, looked at me holding Tim's hand, and the way their own hands bumped, that they wanted to hold hands, too.

I was sad that they didn't feel comfortable enough to do so.

For a city of brotherly love, Philly can be a backward place sometimes.

Sigh.


(*)>

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home