flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

March 29, 2007

Another Betty Neels Post!

You'd think I'm obsessed... well, I'm not. I'm just a collector.

So, back when I worked at Barnes & Noble, I got all the lists of the Betty Neels books available. I found lists, all partial, but eventually compiled what I believed to be the compendium. There was one book that seemed to be a rumor. I couldn't ever find a hint of it in the B&N system, though I found it twice on the internet.

Wikipedia listed it, when I looked this past week.

So I went to Amazon, and, what do you know, there it was... and it's DIFFERENT (those of you who read Betty know all her books are delightfully the same). I see why Harlequin didn't print it when she wrote it.

The first 1/4 of the book deals with the rich doctor trying to save his nanny from Poland, which, at the time, was under martial law. It was too much of a political statement for her, and for harlequin, though Mills and Boon published it. The M&B copy is worth, on Amazon, $30. Of course, at the prices Amazon lists, my Betty collection is worth thousands. To me it's priceless, of course. :)

(*)>

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home