flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

April 10, 2006

My Weekend, by Birdwoman

I got to pick up the Birdmobile on Saturday. I found an auto body place here that was honest, moderately priced, did a good job, and treated me well. I think I've gone to a different dimension! The scoutback is back, and whole again. Thank you Tim of Concordville Auto Body of Media. You ROCK!!

I went to the comic book store last Saturday and picked up my last three months' worth of books. For some reason, I was hesitant to pick up comic books when Mom was here (hmmm, wonder why?). So I had a lot to munch on. (Jonah Hex, Conan, Grimm Fairy Tales, and Astonishing XMen galore...) Yet, until this Saturday, when all the work was caught up and it was raining cats and dogs, I didn't have a chance to look at them.

Also, I went to the library and picked up a few books (a new-to-me author Rachel Gibson, some praxis prep books, and an interesting-looking book by Gail Godwin called Evensong), and I have more than a few books sitting around (Rachel and Leah by Orson Scott Card, a vampire book, and a non-fiction (really!) book about Sept. 11) to read...

And I had free time while doing laundry.

My quandry was, I had so much to read, I didn't know where to start! Isn't that an awful decision to have to make!! Don't worry, I wasn't in "analysis paralysis". My head is fairly floating with new environs...

To top it off, since I'm taking stinky to the dentist (AGAIN) this morning, I didn't have to get up early today, so I was able to go to the MOVIES last night! Take The Lead is a movie based on the same story as the Mad Hot Ballroom documentary, from what I understand. Antonio Banderas stars as a dance teacher in a ghetto high school. It's most likely completely out of touch, and I kept expecting Michelle Pfeiffer to pop in and say "Once a marine, Always a marine." But mostly, I enjoyed it. The soundtrack was good, the story never tried to get above the basic level, and, let's face it, Antonio Banderas is easy on the eyes. I knew I'd never be able to watch this in the testosterone-laden bird's nest, so this was my opportunity.

What did you do this weekend?

(*)>

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home