flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

December 20, 2005

Of Bolivian Presidents and Cowboys

So Bolivians elected themselves a new president. His sole platform? “I hate the USA.”

I got to thinking, this is a very common feeling among the world. They hate us. We can’t point out where they are on a map.

Kinda reminds me of football fans. Everyone hates the Cowboys. Here in Iggles territory, they’re considered a “chief rivalry.” Yet, the Cowboys fans couldn’t give a rat’s posterior about the Eagles.

It’s that shining example of superiority of mettle that seems to rub envious people the wrong way. Everyone hates the US because we had a long stretch of being powerful; we’ll do whatever it takes to stay that way; and we don’t really care what the banana republics of the world think about us. It’s the same way with the Cowboys.

God Bless America’s Team.

(*)>


(for those who don’t know me, I hate football, and this post was mostly tongue in cheek… though it does have a very small grain of truth to it. I just like to ruffle feathers. Tee hee.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home