flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

July 30, 2005

Trust In The Force, Luke

So, we did this addition onto our house last winter. Our one-car garage became a bedroom/reading room and bathroom.

To furnish this room, I bought a day bed. That’s a twin bed that kinda looks like a couch.



Underneath this bed, there’s a rollaway twin that pops up to the height of the day-bed (theoretically). This gives you a king size bed.

However, the pop-up bed we got pops up to about 3 inches higher than the day-bed. Awesome.

So, my brother says, “give me the outline of the foot of the bed. I’ll make it some lifts.”

Last weekend, he delivered four bricks of wood with indents for the foot of the bed.

Last night, I finally got around to trying them out.

We put the first one under. It looked wobbly and like it wouldn’t support. I say, “This is never gonna work.”

John says, “Trust Larry. He knows what he’s talking about.”

We put the second one on, same results.

We put the third one on, balance starts to occur.

By the fourth, I was eating my words, and wondering if we’d even need the screws that Larry sent along. (Of course, we used them. I’ve learned my lesson here. Larry said to put the screws in, so we did.)

The big test? Pull out the pop-up. … … … It worked!!

Thanks Larry!

(*)>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home