flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

July 04, 2005

Oops! I Did It Again!

Hope that doesn’t get that bad Britney (redundancy alert) earworm stuck in anyone’s head.

I went to the movies with my movie buddy on Saturday night. I paid $9.50 to see
Batman Begins, which I almost totally loved. Detractions? I really, really hate wanton destruction of beauty in movies (eg: Any temple or city or beautiful house in The Mummy or it’s Returning sibling). And I wasn’t so hot on the ending. It was almost like they were like, “OK, that’s enough movie. Let’s just leave now." Katie Holmes’s character had a rod the size of the Washington Monument up her arse. And, of course, I spent a few hours feeling like a lecher ogling Christian Bale who must be at least 10 years younger than I am. Sigh. That’s what I call guilty pleasure.

As I figured it was a night out, I treated myself to some M&M’s and some diet coke, which cost the equivalent of a wedding feast in Ethiopia.

At the end of the flick, what do you know,
War of the Worlds was just starting across the hall. So I got to see that, too! Just take the cost of M&M’s and coke as my ticket, guys. It was a good rollercoaster, refreshingly free of the clichéd Jeff Goldblum-like geek who saves humanity against the stern opinions/orders of the constipated, old, white Generals. And Spielberg didn’t veer from the book too much. It was good, scary fun.

Batman was better, though.

All in all, quite a fun evening. And the traffic wasn’t too bad because all the crowd gluttons were downtown, trying to get a glimpse of the Black-Eyed Peas or something.

Aren’t you jealous?

(*)>


Update: He's only 3 years younger than I am, so I'm not such a dirty old birdwoman, after all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home