flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

April 15, 2005

50 Things I Love About Philly In No Order Particularly - #43

(Like the title says, this is a list of things I've loved about philly, in the 17 years I've lived in this area. Also, like the title says, they're in no particular order. It's also not an inculsive list. These were just the first fifty that popped into my head. I'm gonna dish one up fresh, weekly. Also, I've started at the "bottom" to keep you tuned in. It's part of my nefarious plan for readership. Mwa-ha-ha-haaaaa.)

Once upon a time, a long time ago, I went to see a movie called
Camille Claudel. It was in my Art Film phase (I’ve mostly gotten over the pretense of this, though I did go see Bride and Prejudice the last time I went out. Anyway.) This Camille Claudel movie was about this chick sculptor who was an apprentice to Auguste Rodin.

Now, I know things get exaggerated for art, and I know that history has a different view from our cultural perspective. But I walked out of that movie TOTALLY pissed. She was this talented sculptor, and she let her love of a stupid MAN, albeit her teacher and a brilliant artist in his own right, ruin her life.

Well, let me tell you. It almost put me off Rodin.

Then, when traveling down to the Museum of Art, I noticed a little museum off to the side. There it stood, the Rodin museum. With the Thinker daring me to come in, I did.

If you have even the slightest taste for art (and I’m no art critique, just a person who appreciates beauty), this place will absolutely floor you. And it’s small, so it’s not overwhelming, like the main museum is. It’s also CHEAP, which doesn’t hurt the cause.

Come on, it’s a beautiful spring. March on down the Avenue of the Flags, or whatever they’re calling the Parkway this year. Check out the Rodin Museum. You won’t be sorry!!

(*)>


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home