flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

March 09, 2005

Gone Fishin

Just an update for you readers who meander your way into my world and find yourself stricken… No news? No updates? No prize-winning commentary?

Alas, the dusty aviary hath been stricken with plague.

A scene from Sunday afternoon: Mommy, laying, shivering, on the couch in the new room, Toddler Timmy listless on her chest, electric blanket on both of them. Daddy, huddled on the couch in the living room under the rest of the downstairs blankets. Sean, sitting happy in the commander chair, holding the remote, watching whatever TV he wants, eating whatever junk he finds in any of the cupboards.

Sean, you see, has the immune system of a 5 year old – he’s seen enough of these colds to roll with the punches at this point. He was down for about 2 hours in the middle of Saturday night. Otherwise, he was his normal insane self. Little bastard.

Meanwhile, I’ve been completely out of it since Friday. Haven’t even looked at the blogs in a week now. So, now, I’m goin’ fishin.

In the meanwhile, for those of you who find yourself deprived of entertainment due to my hiatus, a recommendation: Garden State. John forced me to watch this movie last night (I hate it when people make me watch or read anything). I was determined to hate it. Much to my chagrin, I was still laughing at scenes hours later. That flaming arrow scene still makes me laugh. See, John, I can admit when I’m wrong. Sometimes.

(*)>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home