flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

February 11, 2005

Ranty Screed

OK, Mr Christian Line dude, I'm gonna attempt a reply to your "delusion of 'homophobia' " post. I would have put a very respectful disagreement on your own blog, but since you don't allow comments, I can feel free to be a little nastier on my own site.

You state that the term homophobia is a misnomer, and furthermore quote the symptoms of someone faced with a phobia, stating that you never feel these symptoms when faced with homosexuals. The whacky left are trying to make you look bad.

Your rhetoric does a pretty good job of that by itself.

A phobia is an irrational fear. You believe homosexuality is an abomination based on a few bible verses. I understand that. We all have our beliefs. But, going down the list of other ne'er-do-well-ers from your bible verse, do you want all adulterers (and that's a pretty big portion of the current American population) treated with such disdain, also? How about Hindus or Indians (the American kind) - as they're Idolaters? Where's the protest to get Bollywood banned in the US? Or your outright demands to get all prime time television banned - I can't think of a show that doesn't have someone banging someone else outside marriage at some point.

Seems like you've got a little bit more of a problem with the gays than you do with the rest of the list. In fact, your ilk go pretty far embarrassing themselves (spongebob is gay?) in the quest to isolate themselves (and the rest of us) from gays - definitely one of the symptoms of a phobia.

As for the extreme manifestations of a phobia - they are exactly that: extreme. I suffer from claustrophobia. I have a hard time with elevators and crowded rooms. They make my stomach churn, sometimes I break out into a sweat. I'll bet most people around me don't realize I'm being affected. You wanna split hairs with degree of reaction, that's your deal. It sounds a bit like protesting too much.

What I see is a man who went out of his way to write a screed about how it was completely rational for him to hate homosexuals. Not the acts they do, private or public, but the people themselves. There's a nod to "not tolerating their behavior", but what it comes down to is that the gentleman/woman does not want to face the fact that they exist. He can't even bring himself to use the word GAY, even though it's easier to type, because it puts a nice spin on people that, to him, should probably be eradicated. At the least, they should be swept back under whatever rock they came from.

Then again, maybe you're right. It's not homophobia. It's not fear at all. It's hatred. And, while I completely agree that you have a right to hate anyone you want for whatever reason you put forward, that's NOT something I'd expect from any Christian.

(*)>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home