flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

January 01, 2005

A Year of Entertainment

I've made myself an honourary Aussie this year, so that I could ring in the new year in sunlight. My husband and I are fogeys - old before our times. We haven't watched the ball drop for years, shunning the bright lights for our pillows. Now you know our dirty seceret. But, I've pre-dated this post, so it looks like I stayed up all night typing it in. You know... "Flightless Hag's Bloggin New Year"

BUT, we have our own idea of what's entertainment (gutter-free), and here's some of the stuff I've managed to amuse myself with this past year...

This year I got XM Radio in my car. It rocks. I haven’t bought any new CD’s since then (though I’ve bought a plethora of old/used cd’s to beef up my MP3 collection). My favorite channels are:

  • 70’s on 7 (my kid can sing the jingle for that one, he’s heard it so much)
  • Lucy (what Y-100 should be)
  • XMU (if they’d only lose the hip-hop stuff, it’d be perfect)
  • Fred (old alternative)
  • Squizz (new metal type stuff)
  • Soul Street (name says it all)
  • The Village (folk music)
  • America Right (Glenn Beck, Michael MedV-as-in-Victory-ed)

I’ve read too many books to mention. Most of them were delightful trash (romances, vampire books, fantasy, or a mixing of any of the above). I went on a spate of Juvie fiction – thus finding the Bloody Jack series that totally rocks ( she’s a pirate!). Also, I found the Jasper Fforde series that begins with the Eyre Affair – saving the sequels for the beach next year.


I went to see IN the THEATER in 2004 (not with John, though, as he hates going to the movies these days):

  • Blade Trinity (Blade III)
  • Bourne Supremacy / I, Robot / Catwoman – bourne supremacy made me violently ill, so I left and watched pieces of the two other turds listed.
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (hp3)
  • Hellboy
  • Hero
  • House of Flying Daggers
  • The Incredibles
  • Kill Bill Vol. 2
  • Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
  • Spider-Man 2
  • The Village

I think that’s all. And, of course, I don’t remember what order I saw them in.

Pretty entertaining, all in all. I guess I'm easily impressed!

(*)>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home