flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

December 27, 2004

HOORAY! I’m Not The World’s Worst Driver!!

I’m a pretty bad driver, but, hey, what’s a flightless hag to do? Not having much choice, I put thousands at risk every day and commute to work.

I live in Pennsylvania. It snows here. This fact of life seems to be something a few of the residents of this state seem to somehow forget every freaking year.

We had about 1 inch of snow last night, and it’s drifting horribly today. They didn’t clean the one main drag that I drive on very well. As I merged onto the road, I saw there had been very recently an accident at the merge (the cop had passed me to get to the scene).

There was another accident being cleared about 500 feet up from that.

I took that as a sign the roads were slick, especially on the outer lanes, put it in fourth gear, and trudged along.

I saw 2 other accidents being cleaned up. And I saw two more occur. On a 7 mile stretch of road.

Are these jackholes blind? That many fender-benders should make you drive a little more carefully. But Nooooo… Must Pass. Must drive Fast. Ugg.

I take little comfort in the fact that there are worse drivers out there than me.

(*)>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home