flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

December 31, 2004

Brothah, Can You Spare a Dime?

A few years ago, the US Treasury started issuing a new type of quarter. Limited release, "state" quarters, these little gems are being released 4 a year until they're out of states.

I'm not much of a collecter of anything, except maybe dust, but I decided to collect these for any potential kids I might have. When Delaware came out, I saved 4 of them. Likewise for all the ones since.

Except lately, they don't seem to be releasing the new ones out here. Now, goddarn it, they make the stupid things in Philly. You'd THINK I'd be able to get my grubby paws on 4 of each. Not so, kimosabe.

I have 1 of Idaho... or was it Iowa... oh, the "I" state one they released this year, and 3 of Wisconsin.

Anyone have any idea where I can get my hot hands on these things reliably? My bank is a big loser for them, and so is my kids' bank. I rely on you, gentle reader (all 2 of you?), to help me out here...

(oh, and we won't even go into the denver mint thing. I can't get ANY of those. Just P stamped ones.)

(*)>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home