flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

January 04, 2005

50 Things I Love About Philly In No Order Particularly - Intro

Recently, Marjo M linked to my blog, saying she wanted to build a network of Philly blogs.

This got me to thinking - what is it about Philly? You know, I think this area has one of the worst attitudes in the country. I've never heard other citizens of other cities dis their hometowns as much as Philly people do.

I've lived here for - gosh - almost 17 years?! As long as I lived at home, just about! Aside from a brief stay in Princeton, I've lived in Philly or its suburbs since I left home at 17. And, don't get me wrong, there are some real problems with this area. But, there are some real benefits, too.

We're like the sixth biggest city in the country; we have an abundance of culture, history, and opportunity; we have scenery, we have "urban-ness", we have neighborhoods. So, instead of complaining about Philly, as I usually do, I decided to write down the first 50 things I could think of that I like (or have, in the past, liked) about this area.

Like the subject says, they're in no particular order. It's also not an inclusive list. These were just the first fifty that popped into my head. I'm gonna dish one up fresh, weekly, so I guess that means I'll be blogging for a year's worth of topics, anyway. And, they'll all have the same subject line, so if you want to, you can avoid 'em!

(*)>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home