flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

January 17, 2009

Winter

Look around, Leaves are brown, there's a patch of snow on the ground.

Well, not really, but it is cold as a witch's nose (which witch? Well, stinky has been playing the homophone game for weeks now since he learned that word. They're fun when they like to learn!). 

It's not as cold here, however, as it is at my sister's house. 30 below where she hails. Sounds lovely. My mom said talking to Kathy made her feel like going outside in a bathing suit because it's positively temperate here in comparison.

Yep, my mother is braving the house of Rogers again. We've no laundry to do, my house is clean and neat, and when Moth was sick this week, she stayed with him.

Speaking of moth, check this out. Kid psychology. Please look at numbers 6 and 7. Snert. He's my kid, for sure!



Besides Tim puking his guts up for the last 3 days (!), we've been well. I have some school stories to write that are kind of fun, but mostly, I'm just keeping up these days. I haven't run regularly in weeks and the less I run the more tired I get. Stupid, stupid, stupid!

John and I went out last night to a restaurant whose name we thought at first was Mala. I thought, who would name their restaurant "bad"? Well, we braved it anyway. I ate something called "Viking Village Scallops." Why do they have to name things like that? They were quite yummy, and if it hadn't been a whopping 8 degrees last night, I might've even gone raping and pillaging afterwards. Unfortunately, I was just too cold. Not a viking after all, I suppose.

I also recorded a BBC miniseries this week called "Lost in Austen". As I am an Austen fanfic... errr... fan, and a fan of the lead actress (she was in a great miniseries called Hex), I gave it a whirl. It was OK, really just a mary sue, but the thing that got me was another major character was a lead character from Hex also. Is Britain really that small?

Well, I'm off to write up my school stories. They are fun in a "please pummel me about the head with a blunt instrument" kind of way. Stay tuned... But for your fun first, while I write these up, please watch my favorite Kingston Trio song. 



Completely round is the perfect pearl the oyster manufactures.
Completely round is the steering wheel that leads to compound fractures
Completely round is the golden fruit that hangs from the o-o-orange tree
Yes the circle shape is quite renown
But sad to say it can be found
In the lowdown, dirty run-around
That my true love gave to me
That my true love gave to me

Completely square is the little box he said my ring would be in
Completely square is the envelope he said good-bye to me in
Completely square is the handkerchief I flourish constantly
As I dry my eyes of the tears I've shed,
And blow my nose which turns bright red
For a perfect square is my true love's head
He will not marry me, no
He will not marry me

Rectangular is the hotel door my true love tried to sneak through
Rectangular is the transom hole by which I had to peek through,
Rectangular is the hotel room I entered angrily, and
Rectangular is the wooden box
Where lies my love neath the golden phlox
They say he died of the chicken pox
In part I must agree
One chick too many had he

Triangular is the piece of pie I eat to ease my sorrow
Triangular is the hatchet blade I plan to hide tomorrow
Triangular the relationship which now has ceased to be
And triangular is the garment thin
That fastens on with a safety pin
To a prize I had no wish to win
It's a lasting memory
That my true love gave to me

(*)>

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home