flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

July 07, 2006

Ad Sense

I gotta stop listening to talk radio. I heard two commercials today which completely “took my goat”, as Stinky would say.

The first was a commercial for food stamps. “Do you like food? Do you get hungry? You might qualify for Food Stamps!!” Now, don’t get me wrong, I understand the value of this program. But if someone is hungry and poor, they know these programs exist. There is no reason on earth to spend taxpayers dollars to ADVERTISE this, for goodness sake.

The second one was something by the ACLU. They wanted me to call Curt Weldon and tell him to stop the southern Republicans from *not* voting to renew the Voting Rights Act. Now, I don’t know what is going on here, but I don’t like it when someone tells me to call my Representative, based on their say so. Tell me to get informed, yes. Tell me to do what you say and “trust you”? I don’t think so. I don’t trust HIM and he’s been voted in!

(*)>

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home