flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

December 13, 2007

I Don't Like Boys

(No, this isn't a coming out post.)

As a person of Christian extraction, I really like the Advent season. And even though it has been taken over as the Christmas season, I'm okay with that. Not so much a purist here.

So, one of my recent holiday traditions is to listen to XM Classical Christmas. They're the only station where you'll here Good King Wenseslas, Carol of the Bells, Poulenc Motets, Britten's ceremony of carols, etc etc.

But they have this strange proclivity for playing boy choirs. I guess I'm weird. I like plain voice, like Cambridge singers, but I cannot tolerate the timbre of a boy's voice. It grates on my nerves. So, what to do? Why, gripe of course. Isn't that what blogs are for?

(*)>

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home