flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

July 30, 2006

The Fair Rachel

It's been an almost daily ritual this summer - John takes the boys to the pool. (No, no, I'm not talking about dropping the boys off at the pool, though I assume he does that regularly, too...) Stinky has the doggy paddle thing going, and the Moth loves to give one a heart attack by jumping in wherever he can.

We even have pictures... though since I post my pictures on John's blog, I can't share them with all of you.

So, anyway, the boys are making all sorts of new friends and rivals at the pool. One in the former category is a little girl named Rachel. Sean is quite enamored. She's SIX and a half (he's 5.5 - a younger man and a bolder woman!!), she can swim already, she's pretty, and, icing on the cake here, she has the same goggles that Sean has. If this isn't a sign, I don't know what is.

So, now, not terribly often, but often enough to pique my interest, Sean talks about seeing Rachel at the pool. She blows him off regularly, which makes him all the more interested. Go figure.

I'm sure this is the first of many unrequited interests that Stinky will have. It's probably one of the last I will hear about!

(*)>

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home