flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

September 29, 2005

My Attitude

Every year, I get myself a calendar that I expect someone to comment on. One year it was the witches calendar. This year it’s the Churchman’s calendar (courtesy of my church – I’m not a wiccan, though I am a witch, often with a capital-B, as my dear old mom would say.)

I’m going to order myself a very fitting calendar for my office next year.
Despair.Com has a calendar that I’m just wondering if I have the stones to hang in my office.

Despair, for those of you who aren’t in the know, are a company which makes motivational posters. You know, like the ones with pictures of things like eagles, and above the picture is the word “Attitude” and then there’s some pithy saying underneath? You’ve surely seen one of these disgusting things in an office somewhere? Well, Despair makes motivational posters of a different flavor. “Mistakes”, for example, has a picture of a sinking ship. The saying? “It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.”

The business as usual calendar has 12 such gems, but the two that are perfectly apt for Spaceleys?:

Discovery:






Nuff Said.

(*)>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home