flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

September 08, 2005

Avian Blood Not Wanted

One last post before I head to that great mosquito haven...

Today was our autumn blood drive at work. I'm a regular at this blood drive. This is the first time I got turned away.

My blood ainnna good enough.

They say it's the iron, but I say it's because it's got too much bird stuff going on.

Anyway. I think it might just be this particular blood drive:
-The first year we had it, I was on the table at 9:40 on Sept 11, 2001.
-The second year, the little stick in the morning informed me there would be no blood donation for me or the hatchling now known as the Moth.
-Another year was a horrendous "blood mobile" experience. It's like all the bad things about giving blood combined with all the bad things about riding on a bus. JOY!

All in all, though, this is the most disappointing event of all of them. I feel so rejected.

(*)>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home