flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

August 31, 2005

I Don’t Want My MTV

I read a story yesterday about the MTV Music Extravaganza the other night. There was a blurb about Green Day accepting an award. They said something to the effect of: “It’s nice that rock and roll still has a place at MTV.” The article went on to explain that MTV was mostly hip-hop these days.

Today I read a story that says the
VMA audience was down 22%.

Perhaps I’m not the only one out there who lost interest when MTV only started playing hip-hop.

I used to love video channels. It was how I heard new music. No radio station where I live would play Radiohead or Tori Amos. But that kind of music is totally my interest. And you used to be able to catch videos for the new stuff in the “college music” genre on MTV or its sister station M2.

Nowadays, forget it. If it doesn’t have “featuring” in the artist listing, it doesn’t get air time.

I rely on XM to bring me music nowadays (thank the heavens for XM). I’ve removed the music channels from my TV menu. I guess I’m not alone.

(*)>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home