flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

January 26, 2005

The Whacky Workplace World

What on earth is going on in the workplace today? There's fear of harassment everywhere, people being hired based on color or gender if skill is close to being equal. PC seems to have taken over corporate America.

Then, I read these two stories.

Drudge pointed me to an
article about a benefits company that actually requires all of its workers to be non-smokers. Even OFF COMPANY TIME!! This, to me, is the equivalent of Catholic schools or hospitals firing staff for using oral contraceptives. It's such an invasion of personal liberty that it makes ME want to call the ACLU.

Then, when reading US Spews and World Distort (my husband, the dirty bird, subscribes), I come across a
story about a growing number of chaplains in the workplace. I'll say that again, Chaplains in the Workplace. This strikes me as something that the dei-phobes in this country would be shrieking about. I mean, if they can read "freedom from religion" into the constitution, than this is a flagrant infringement on people's atheistic rights!

Maybe the pendulum is swinging back to employer rights over individual employee preferences. I don't know. I just thought it was weird.

(*)>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home