flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

January 31, 2005

Devil's Haircut

(that's a Beck reference, for those who are bothered by such things)

I gotta stop being such a tightwad.

I used to go to this great hairdresser - even MY hair looked good coming out of her salon. And then it just got to the point when I couldn't justify the cost anymore. I mean, come on. $45 for a haircut?

So I started going back to my old college haunt, the Haircuttery. (Actually, it's worse than that. In college, I was such a cheap bastard that I used to go to the beauty school and be a test person for them to try out their newly-enhanced cutting skills. But it only cost $5, and most times, it was usually a more than passable haircut. I digress.)

The last time I went to the Haircuttery, a very nice young lady led me to a chair. I thought, "this is gonna be ok". Then, she lifted up a lock of my hair. Her hand was shaking. I mean, shaking like she was having
DT's or something. The haircut was surprisingly OK, but I about wet my undies when she brought out the straight razor to shave the back of my neck. One small cut later, I got outta there.

Yesterday, I gave them a second chance. Again, the woman who called my name seemed reasonable enough. Then, she started walking to her chair. No, walking isn't the right term. Think Quasimodo. Somehow, she managed to cut my hair and there are only a few hunks missing here and there.

Maybe $45 isn't too much for a haircut, after all.

(*)>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home