flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

April 09, 2010

Petty Theft

You know, I expected a certain amount of theft from my students. There are people who are, after all, asshats. It's one of our commonalities, across nationality, creed, color. A certain percentage of poeople make you want to beat them about the head.

Over the last 2 years, it's gotten worse... or maybe I've gotten more lax about having stuff out that can be stolen.

They stole my magic 8 ball last year. (I used to refer to magic 8 as the number of electrons in the s/p orbital combination. sigh.) This year, they stole my crystal ball (used to divine grades) and my school bell that my big sis gave me.

Now, they've taken to stealing supplies. I got a bunch of hand soap and lotion from my husband when his company was throwing stuff out. It has all disappeared. Even the soap that I had stored under the sink.

I'm thinking that this wasn't the work of students. I think it was the work of the cleaning staff.

And I cannot express how pissed off that makes me.

Petty, indeed.

(*)>

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger cube said...

I can relate to all of your loss, but especially to your loss of the magic 8 (yes, geekishly, I can relate to the s/p orbital thingy, but that's just chemical)

I have no explanation except that most folks today are operating under less moral values than when we were growing up. I don't want to sound like an old fogey, but you just don't don't see the same kind of upbringing that you used to see.

April 09, 2010 11:21 AM  
Blogger birdwoman said...

I expect sticky fingers from kids. There's always a very small % of kids - EVERYWHERE - that steal. Think about the STOP sign in Billy Suburbia's bedroom. It's all the same.

What I don't get is ADULTS stealing the SUPPLIES that I BROUGHT IN. It's not like it's school paper towels or something that you could "justify" by saying nobody paid for it.

Grrrr. this gets my blood going.

(*)>

April 09, 2010 11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home