flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

March 28, 2010

New Addiction

One of the other nerds... err... science teachers turned me on to these puzzles on Friday. Bridges. Otherwise known as Hashiwokakero. And my mom can't pronounce Sudoku!

Mary, if you try these, you will be addicted. I promise.

(*)>

6 Comments:

Blogger cube said...

I may not have given it a sufficient time interval, but I thought this thing was crap on a stick. I didn't know what was happening and I felt my unusually high IQ marks were flowing downhill as a result. WTF?

April 02, 2010 6:00 PM  
Blogger birdwoman said...

The rules are never well explained. But it really is simple and challenging! The number on each circle is the number of lines that can come out of it. Lines can come out orthogonally only (up, down, left, right) and no more than 2 can connect between circles. Once you get the hang, it's fun!
if you're weird like me.
(*)>

April 02, 2010 8:03 PM  
Blogger NJ River Rambler said...

it's cool. Just messed with it a little, yea kind of Soduko-ish, but not... thanks.

April 09, 2010 11:02 PM  
Blogger birdwoman said...

glad you like it Bruce.

April 10, 2010 9:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Betsy, check out the other puzzles at Conceptispuzzles.com (where this is called "hashi", I think). I really dig the pic-a-pix puzzles there, but they also have some cool linking and filling puzzles too.

April 14, 2010 5:36 AM  
Blogger birdwoman said...

Michael, are you trying to lead me down another garden path? Bless you!! next time i'm bored, I'm there!

(*)>

April 14, 2010 7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home