flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

July 06, 2010

Let's Talk about Taxidermy

So, John and I spent a good few days up in Harvey County. We stayed at the local inn, despite some warnings that it had been flooded and wasn't in the best of shape. It was perfect. Cool at night, hot in the daytime.

Their pool is still cold because it's so cool at night up there. We haven't gone below 70 at night, with the exception of a few days last week, since mid-May.

So, anyhow, we're driving around Harvey County and looking at the signs. They have signs and ads you'd never think of down here. "Let's talk about taxidermy" was a pretty good one. But my favorite was the one with the pretty girl touting "colon hydrotherapy."

Now, I'll bet we have that down here.

Isn't that just a fancy set of words for enema, though? And what kind of economy do we have when poor, innocent young girls are forced to give enemas to make ends meet. No pun intended.


My boys are all gone on a camping trip. It's just me and the dogs for a week. Should be interesting. I spent all day cleaning. Probably will do the same tomorrow. The day flew, but I just realized about 20 minutes ago that I haven't said a thing aloud all day... well since they left at 6.
And I probably won't talk to anyone tomorrow at all. That's just plain weird.


Wish me luck!

(*)>

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger cube said...

Funny post. Harvey County sounds like a hoot. I can't remember the last time I discussed taxidermy AND colon hydrotherapy... oh wait, it was last week ;-)

Let me get this straight, you had the house to yourself and you spent the day cleaning? Let's talk about brain hydrotherapy, girl!

OT: This wonderful video made me think of you...

Flash Brindisi

July 07, 2010 11:11 AM  
Blogger birdwoman said...

That was AWESOME! I'm off to send it to my diva friends.

As for house cleaning - it's hard to do when the boys are here. Always doing stuff with them. I once said I wouldn't regret not having a clean house when I die, but I would regret not spending time with my kids.

but since it's not an option to spend time with them now... I have a clean fridge, clean windows and curtains, totally clean living room, dining room (including china cabinet), both bathrooms, and for the first time in years.. John's car is clean. on the inside. Taking it out tonight to wash the outside.

also, being busy cleaning stops me from eating too much. :)

(*)>

July 07, 2010 12:21 PM  
Blogger cube said...

Glad you liked it. I'm no diva, but I thought it was fabulous.

I've never been a stickler for house cleaning myself because I could always think of something better to do and did just the bare minimum. Since I became presbyopic, I find that the house looks good with less and less housekeeping ;-) Hey, it works for me.

I don't have a problem overeating; I prefer to drink to excess ;-)

July 07, 2010 6:29 PM  
Blogger birdwoman said...

Presbyotic? Is that extreme nearsightedness? Is it fixable?

Sorry for that, but it's cool that you can look on the bright side!

(*)>

July 07, 2010 8:31 PM  
Blogger cube said...

I don't mind at all. Presbyopia (not presbyotic) is when you need glasses to see up close. I still have eagle eyes for the far away stuff. I think it's fixable, but I'm not one to rush into eye surgery for vanity reason. I don't mind wearing my reading glasses for the next 50 years ;-)

July 08, 2010 5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home