flightless hag

A chronicle of the adventures of birdwoman: a lonely, talentless freak who wanders the internet in search of entertainment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly

I'm a 40-something married white female, survivor of weight watchers, avid reader of pulp. Dogs (not cats), extreme right (handed, not politics), ENTJ, alto, wanna-be knitter.

August 15, 2012

Triple A Batteries are my friend!!

Triple A Batteries are my friend!!  Get your mind out of the gutter. I'm talking about a wonderful invention called the playaway.





This is a book on mpwhatever which requires me to have nothing but an AAA battery and some headphones. Compact, light, portable. It's been my constant companion this summer, because I can read AND do laundry, clean house, take walks, do puzzles. It's like Multitasking 101!! And now, because work (that dastardly four letter word) is about to start, I have to kick my playaway habit. Alas.

We have had a rockin summer. Pool time just about every day. After the big trip, we have gone nowhere. (Well, we went to the movies, where my car overheated. Overheating car + big oil leak = car-b-que... nice) So, the scoobyru is officially dead. Long live the scoobyru.

Tim went to soccer camp for a week. He is totally amped about soccer. Big fan of the Union, watching every game he finds on tv, talking Dad into buying Bimbo bread at walmart, just because that's who sponsors Union.  The week of camp, it was like 100 degrees every day, but he was running for 4 hours in the sun. Where the hades did that kid come from? These days, though, he's been going through a phase. He's afraid to go to sleep. I can't think of anything that he's gone through, any show he watched, ANYTHING that causes night terror. But there you have it. If it keeps up, I'm not sure what I'm gonna do.

Stinky is doing really well. Due to John never being here and my persistent foot injury, Sean has taken over mowing the manor grounds. He does an awesome job, and is figuring out that 25 dollars a week is a pretty good amount of work. He saved up and bought a kindle. He also went to boyscout camp. The real deal. Came back with chigger bites and everything ( I pause while you look at a picture that looks like something big bro #6 would have chased me around the house with:


 )

My foot is FINALLY getting better - going to the doctor for diagnosis worked. Being told that I can't mow the lawn (the uneven ground exacerbates the injury) was so sad... good thing Stinky took over. Now I'm back up to running 5 days a week - though only 2 miles a day. That'll go back up once the dreaded humidity goes down.

And now, I'm trying to lesson plan. I'm actually pretty psyched to go back to school. I love my school. But I have 4 preps this year, so it's gonna be a monster.

And that's it. Isn't that awesome? An entire summer of nothing but playing. And now, September. See you in the funny papers!

(*)>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home